Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just Another Money sucker

There are so many things that I could care less if I had. Some things are just out there for some average Joe to try and make a buck. Here's a list of what in my opinion are "money sucker items". Feel free to add more to the comments link.

"Roll up the rim" tool - honestly, if you are getting that messy from rolling it up, maybe you should wait until you are done drinking it! That would eliminate the spillage you moron. You don't need a gadget you need a new brain.
Salad spinner - I know some of you use these. That little bit of water is going to disappear once you add dressing anyways.
Rice cooker - Does anyone use a pot anymore? Boil double the amount of water to rice and cook for 25 minutes. Why spend money on one of these if you have something that can cook rice in half the time?
Eye lash curler - First of all, this thing looks like a surgical tool. These cost about $8-$20 in stores. What a waste of money. I'll use a pencil and a blow dryer if I want my lashes curled that badly.
Egg cups - I've never understood people who use these. An egg is so small, it's gone in a minute. Why bother putting each one in its own dish? Who eats an egg with a spoon anyways?
Banana tree - Just use a freakin plate people. A bowl even.
Pet rock - Come on! Would you seriously pay for a rock that someone picked up out of their back lane, painted and glued googly eyes to? What is the world coming to????
Electric Flosser - Yes they do sell these. I know flossing is annoying, but if you waste your money on this, you deserve a little tooth rot.
Tea Bag Squeezer - I don't know what you're thinking, but this just sounds wrong. But, you can buy these anywhere kitchen items are sold. Do people actually use these?
Throw Pillows - A pillow just for show?...I don't get it. Can someone please explain?
Bed Skirt - I don't want to wear a skirt never mind put one on my bed. Some prissy woman had to have invented this one.
Dog Sweater - People who buy these for their pets are retarded! Yes it's cold, but that's why THEY HAVE FUR!!! It angers me to see a dog wearing clothing. Yours may be due for a "wok" to the nearest Chinese restaurant, you're getting too attached! You want to dress something? Buy a kid! There's plenty out there!

I don't understand why people insist on cluttering up their lives with these things. I can kind of understand if you receive them as gifts and find a use for them. But don't waste your money on things that you could easily do with items you already have.

5 comments:

Lori Bahm said...

I agree with the tim hortons tool thing, thats just plain stupid. Its called water and soap... I use a salad spinner but it was given to me i dont think i would go out and buy one just to spin my salad. All these things are just for all those lazy people that need tools to dry their lettuce or roll up their rims, etc.

Anonymous said...

ahah yess its very dumb . Espesially the dog sweater like who does that thats like dressing a rat .. ew . some look cute but thats retarted!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I disagree about the bed skirt!!! I have one on the bed to hide all the crap that I store under it. NOT to make it look pretty.
Great Blog Jax!!! Nice to see you haven't changed Sam SeeMYAnus!!!

Jackie J said...

Well, I guess that is the one exception Kate. As long as it's not to make it look pretty. All I have under my bed is the floor cause I broke the bed frame when I was rearranging things last year. If I could, I'd shove stuff under my bed too and maybe I'd have use for a bed skirt, but I don't think I'd ever buy one.

Sure Sam has changed. She's even more fun than she used to be. She may be a bit crazy, but so am I. I wouldn't have it any other way. I think I'd get really bored.

Anonymous said...

Exactly!!! I love you all!!!