Thursday, March 15, 2007

One Day Away From Relaxation

I love Thursday because I know there's only one more day until the weekend. My brochures seem to be flying out of the office suddenly and I only have 4 more to complete. Woohoo! Then I can start working on the rest of the books that need to be revamped. There are quite a few here in the office that have not been redesigned since the early 80's, some since the late 70's. Some are so old, that they have never been entered into a computer. The information in each book is great except for the occasional use of the word "Indian" and the word "Gay". I'm sure you understand why these words had to be replaced.

Recently, mom bumped into someone that knew a friend of hers. He just happens to be looking for someone to do design & layout for a magazine business downtown. I will meet with him and see if it's for me. But since this happened I have been wondering about myself. What I want for myself and what effects my decisions. I do get very frustrated a lot at my current job. Although I may not go to church every Sunday, I know what I believe and I really feel that it is where God wants me to be. I don't want my decisions to be fueled by the idea of a bigger paycheck. I want to love what I do and not think about the money. Don't get me wrong, I do want to be able to live off of what I make. I just want to make sure I'm where I should be. Although this magazine thing may not even be for me, I can see this developing into a strong personal struggle for me in the future with different opportunities. Any thoughts? Please comment.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You could solve the whole 'what job should I be at' issue by cloning yourself. Sure dolly the sheep died soon after cloning, but evenutally that have to get it right. That way you can work at both jobs. Also, when you don't want to see certain people then you could just use your clone to visit with them and people will never know the difference. I am definitely - PRO CLONING!!!! I mean, look at all the great things it did for steinbach...ooops, sometimes I mistake inbreeding for cloning, sorry about that.

Jackie J said...

I'm glad to see that someone other than me has a crazy imagination Sam. That must be why we get along so well. I will look into cloning you, so that if you decide to make other friends, I can just thaw out criogenically frozen clone Sam. About that Steinbach thing, Your sister lives there. Did you think of that before you commented here?

Jeremiah Johnson said...

I could have an army of me! Thats the only way I'd let you two clone yourselves. I'd need that much to keep you in line:P

James E. Daniels said...

"...change is good..."
but cloning is alright too.

Anonymous said...

oh, the joys of working for a non-profit organisation! I have the same struggle…do I stay at the newspaper and continue to fight the good fight, or do I move on and actually get paid for all the crap that I have to put up with? There are many ways to use the talent He has given you and still work at a job that helps pay the bills.
By the way, weren't you supposed to call me last Sunday? Sheesh. I cried myself to sleep because you ignored me…jk. Call me sometime. There are excellent art shows on at CMU and the WAG.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Jackie I think your an awesome person and nobody should make you feel guilty for something you didnt do once or twice . You have a freat life if I compare to other peoples marriges and lifes . You have an amazing drawing ability . And you shouldnt give that up .

Jeremiah Johnson said...

If you compare your self to other people you may end up on the wrong end of the plunger. If you compete its healthy and you will have a more enjoyable life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joelle . said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.