Monday, August 23, 2010

I Can Deal With It

So...being pregnant and being me, I think I'm going to have to change it up a bit. I have decided I'm going to try and keep my temper at bay by dealing with the incompetence in my work place differently than normal.

Instead of getting angry. . .
OPTION 1 - Mild annoyance
Breathing exercises. This is less amusing than the other options, but effective if the issue is a small one
OPTION 2 - Visualization (my favorite)
Breathe deeply, followed by visualizing the issue (whomever it may be) being chased by an angry bear. No blood, just lots of chasing and screaming, and maybe some tripping. Sometimes this can provide more laughter than others. It depends on the person being visualized, and their reaction to stress.
OPTION 3 - Shut it out
Close the office Door. This is most useful when I know my temper is about to flare, and it is a give-in that I will have nothing nice to say. Especially helpful if I still have a few work days left in the week. After all, if I yell at someone on Friday, they may forget about it by Monday. If I'm really annoyed, shutting the door while the person is talking amuses me enough to simmer my temper.
OPTION 4 - Sudden sickness
The day is too much to handle. Tell the boss I'm "not feeling well". Then proceed to do whatever work needs to be done, at home in peace. Knowing my concentration will not be interrupted makes me so much more productive.

No comments: