Thursday, May 29, 2008

A great gift idea

Looking for the perfect gift is difficult sometimes. Especially if you're low on cash. I ran into that problem recently. My cousin Mike was turning 11 and I didn't want to get him a crappy gift that he wouldn't use. Everything he wanted seemed to be out of my price range too, so I browsed a department store for ideas.

In the stationary section I came across this design your own t-shirt packet. Basically, if you have a color printer, you're set. I can draw and come out with pretty good results, so I decided to draw (on my computer) something he'd like and use them to iron it onto a t-shirt. He really likes Family Guy, so I made him a shirt with Stewie on it. I was so happy to see that he enjoyed it!














I have made quite a few t-shirts for people since then. But now I've gotten to the point where I'd like to make my own designs. The t-shirts I made before were great. But I'd like to design my own characters (instead of using popular cartoon characters). The photo above is my first stab at it...it's designed for my friend Christine who is crazy about frogs.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i love the frogs graphic