Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Where Did April Go?

Wow, April flew by! One of the highlights of April happened on Saturday the 28th. Jer, me, Chad, Christine and Merle went to Mongo's Grill for dinner. $15.99 for the buffet is a little much for me but we had a good time and enjoyed the food. As per usual we were the most obnoxious table there. I'm sure it takes a toll on the waitress that gets stuck with us, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. The second time we went through the line I noticed Jeremy's bowl was ridiculously overflowing with noodles even for him. My response was "Jeremy, did you put the whole noodle tray on your bowl? It's a buffet. You can come back!" Then, him and the guy in front of us (the son of a guy I work with), started to make up reasons why he needed that many noodles. It was a pointless conversation but provided us with more laughter. I'd like to note that he didn't actually eat all the noodles either. On the drive home, a few people were victims of our rowdiness as well. People don't know what to do when you stop at the bus stop and yell "I am the bus". But Chad and I did it anyways. Serves me right for telling him about the funny things Sam and I did with our friends as teens.

Don't take everything too seriously. You need to let loose sometimes and have some good old fashioned fun! Who cares if people look at you funny. Watch their expression. It makes it that much more enjoyable. Most of the time.

5 comments:

Jeremiah Johnson said...

Point of interest: I did eat all the noodles, I didn't eat the rice and salad! Also the Squid bit me back as there was still a beak in one:P

Jackie J said...

The squid was the bowl before the savage noodle pile. Maybe the squid knew that you were about to hoard the noodles and it was defending them.

Anonymous said...

oh jackie…those poor people.

Unknown said...

I'd like to know what stories you were telling? And why on earth were you eating squid?

Jackie J said...

Don't worry Sam, I left a few stories out so far so you can tell him once you get married and settle into my mom's basement.