Thursday, May 10, 2007

Let The White Be Gone!

It is so hot out it's crazy! In the summer, my co-workers and I go outside to eat on our "patio". It's really not a patio, but we like to call the parking spot where we eat lunch that anyways. We have no windows in our office (for safety reasons) so it's nice to get some natural sunlight to break up the day. I have had a couple mild sun burns already, but I'll deal cause I know they'll turn my skin to a shade that's less blinding.

I don't have concrete plans this summer yet, but I do hope to tan, go fishing, go camping, enjoy the beach, roller blade, might do some work on the inside of my mom's house, catch a ride with family to visit my Aunty Linda in Calgary and Sam and I want to go somewhere for a long weekend just to relax in the Rockies free of any worries, work and personal issues.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, what is with canadians and their weird obsession with being tanned? as soon as it's warm, you're all out there "trying to catch some sun." why? what is the big deal? do you not remember skin cancer? sunburn? people losing any sense of fashion and walking around half naked with all their flubber just hanging all over the place?!!! do you not think of that during the summer?!!! why do canadians have to have a tan?!!! what is the point?!!
glory be people!!!!
sigh…

Jackie J said...

Oh Karen, Karen, Karen. It's refreshing to know that you're still the same.

People in North America like to tan cause...well...I'm not sure. I just know that I like to tan cause I look less "dead" in the face when I have a bit of color. In the summer time, if I don't tan, I get people asking me "oh, you look flushed...are you feeling okay?" NO! I'M NOT FLUSHED!!! I HAVE FAIR SKIN YOU MORONS!!!

Don't worry, I like to keep my "extra Jackie" inside my clothes. That sounds a little dirty. If I was a guy, I would defineately not have typed that out!

Anyways...does that answer your question Karen?

Anonymous said...

yes, that answers my question. and thank you jackie for not showing us your extra bits. i am truly grateful for that.
i know you e-mailed me a couple weeks ago and it seemed like i was ignoring you but it just came at a really difficult time for me. we definitely should get together. i have lots of stuff to tell you. let me know when you're free. we can always get together after work.

Joelle . said...

I wanna tan too! :) tanie tan tan tan! horahh! I WUV you jackie :)